Saturday, February 23, 2008

Starting my 100 days of pictures

Hi girls! I hope you don't mind me crashing your party, but I really wanted to learn how to use my camera, I just didn't get on the ball soon enough. So I'll catch up with the lessons and start posting pix using what I learn. For now, I thought I'd just post some pix that I've taken this week (and a couple of old ones) that I think are somewhat artistic or at least show some effort in lighting and composition. This can be like a baseline for my improvement (hopefully!) - all these are using the automatic settings on my camera. FYI I have a Canon digital Rebel, the original not-as-cool-as-Melissa's one, with no extra lenses or flashes.
Myself reflected in the window

Becks and his modeling clay octopus (portrait setting, natural light)


Very early spring (portrait setting)


Trey with newborn Caeden (portrait setting, natural light, brown drape backdrop)


Caeden's birthday (portrait setting, flash)


Blowing a kiss (portrait, flash)


Trey with a butterfly


Gingerbread man (focused on cookie with portrait setting)


This is Carson's contribution (he might do the photo group)


Sports (fast shutter) setting

Hiding from the camera (I didn't know if the back light would ruin the shot but I think it turned out okay)


I'm so sad that I'll miss my tulips blooming this year! (portrait setting to blur the backgroup, I really need to learn how to decrease my depth of field more!)


Poser


I tried to take some pix of myself with the brown drape as a background and natural light. I was going to do a scrapbook page using the colors from my gloves for the CKHOF contest, but I didn't (but I did enter... wish me luck!)

So there are 14 pix and I'm going to call myself caught up. Starting today I'll do the picture a day with the rest of you.

5 comments:

Bennett Family said...

great job! love the pic of bex on the floor. too cute.

Leslie Behunin said...

I was going to say that same thing....LOVE the picture of him hiding from the camera!!! The light MAKES the picture! Good job!

Photo Amy said...

I like your self portrait. I am always more intrigued when the subject is not looking at the camera. Plus, you're cute!

Unknown said...

I just left a comment but I don't think it went through. So, I'll leave another. I'd email you this info. but I don't think I've got your email address. I have the canon digital rebel xt. I use my 50 mm 1.8 lens a lot. But I got my 28-75 2.8 tamron lens yesterday and am loving it so far.

Bennett Family said...

how did your scrapbooking contest go?